Massage therapy releases muscle tension, increases circulation, soothes your nervous system, and provides deep physical and mental relaxation. We offer a wide variety of healing & relaxing massage therapy – including couples massage where you’re side by side in the same room. Our massage services include:
- Therapeutic massage: Soothing strokes and kneading techniques to decrease muscle tension and to increase relaxation. Ideal for de-stressing, and a great treatment for a first time massage experience.
- Hotstone Massage: Warm, smooth stones are used to soothe tired muscles, increase circulation and boost the immune system. Beneficial for those who want a deeper relaxation experience but with a lighter touch massage.
- Deep Tissue Massage: Uses slow deep pressure to decrease pain and increase range of motion, especially helpful for chronically tense and contracted areas such as stiff necks, low back tightness, and sore shoulders.
- Pregnancy Massage: We have specialized prenatal table for expectant or postpartum mothers. The therapist uses modified techniques and positioning to safely treat those aches and pains that can arise during and after pregnancy.
- Sports Massage: This treatment is tailored to those who are looking to speed recovery from sports related injuries and those who want to enhance athletic performance.
- Indian Head Massage: Also known as Champissage, or Champi, is an Indian relaxation massage technique that focuses on the head, neck and shoulders which are important energy centers in the body.
- Thai Table Yoga Massage: An accessible, dynamic form of bodywork that uses a modern blend of ancient healing techniques to achieve a state of deep relaxation and peaceful release in the body, mind and spirit.
Myofascial Release Therapy
The therapist uses techniques to gently stretch connective tissue and release adhesions and restrictions, helping to decrease pain and improve range of motion. Beneficial for muscle spasms, fibromyalgia, frozen shoulder, back pain, headaches and TMJ.
A treatment for the mind, body and spirit, Reiki is an energy based Japanese technique to decrease stress, increase relaxation and promote healing. Reiki is a hands on healing and relaxation method that uses ‘universal energy’ (or chi) to correct energetic imbalances in the body and recharge energetically depleted areas.Beneficial effects include relaxation and feelings of peace, security, and emotional well being. It is a gentle therapy, which takes a holistic approach in that it treats the whole person – emotional, physical and spiritual.
Cupping therapy is the act of using negative pressure (suction) to lift the soft tissues of the body. This draws rigid connective tissue and muscle away from underlying structures, and pulls built up stagnate blood, metabolic waste and other fluids to the surface of the body. Cups can be made out of silicone, rubber, glass, or even bamboo and can be left in place or applied and moved along the body. This restorative treatment can be combined with our other therapeutic massages when requested at booking.